Unbelievable Luxury in Medan! OYO 90919 Arte Residence Awaits!

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

Unbelievable Luxury in Medan! OYO 90919 Arte Residence Awaits!

OYO 90919 Arte Residence: Medan's (Mostly) Glorious Gamble? A Brutally Honest Review

Alright folks, buckle up. You're about to get the REAL scoop on OYO 90919 Arte Residence in Medan. Forget those sugar-coated travel blogs – I'm here to tell you the unvarnished truth, the good, the bad, and the slightly bewildering. Because let's be real, luxury in Medan can be a crapshoot. And I dove headfirst into this one, hoping for a splash of the divine.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Trying)

Okay, let's get the "serious" stuff out of the way first. Accessibility. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. I didn't personally test them, but I saw an elevator, which is a good start. But beyond that, I can't vouch for the ramps or specialized rooms. So, if you require serious accessibility, maybe call ahead and grill them. Don't just trust a website, TRUST ME.

On-Site Restaurants/Lounges: Food, Glorious Food (With a Few Caveats)

This is where things got interesting. They boast several options. Restaurants, a bar, a coffee shop, poolside everything. I made it my MISSION to explore. Let's just say the "Asian Cuisine" was… well, it was there. The Asian breakfast was definitely Asian. The “Western Cuisine” felt like someone attempted Western cuisine. I ordered a burger. It arrived looking… well, eager. The patty was… interesting. Let's go with that. The fries were… fine.

The saving grace? The Poolside Bar. Oh, the poolside bar! Picture this: scorching Medan sun, a shimmering pool (more on that later), and a cold Bintang in your hand. That was a slice of heaven. And honestly, sometimes that's all you need. The staff were amazing, always smiling, and quick with a refill. They even tried my terrible Bahasa Indonesia, bless their hearts.

Wheelchair Accessible: See Above

I’m repeating myself, but it's important. I hope it is. I can't confirm.

Internet Access: The Wi-Fi Whisperer (Mostly)

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the travel gods! And it was, thankfully, reliable. I had to download some massive files for work, and it handled the load. The Internet [LAN] connection, though? I’m going to be honest, I'm not even sure if it was even there. But the Wi-Fi in public areas was also good, so I can't complain too much.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day…or a Flayed Wallet?

This is where the “Unbelievable Luxury” part kind of comes in. They hawk a spa, complete with body scrubs, wraps, a sauna, a steam room… the works! I was HYPED. I booked a massage. The massage itself? Ahhh…. I’m not sure I can explain it. I asked for firm pressure and I think the masseuse, bless her soul, was aiming for "firm" and her hands were a little…tired. Not terrible but a bit…gentle for a full-on body massage.

And the pool with a view? Well, the view was mostly other buildings. The pool itself? Lovely, sparkling, and a welcome respite from the Medan heat. The gym? I peeked. Looked… functional.

Cleanliness and Safety: They Really Tried

This is where I was genuinely impressed. Especially considering the general air of "relaxedness" in Medan. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Definitely. The whole place felt clean, which is a HUGE win in Southeast Asia. They offered contactless check-in/out and the hand sanitizer was plentiful. They took COVID seriously. They offered breakfast in room. The breakfast was fine.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Burger Incident…And Beyond

Okay, back to the food. As I said before, a la carte in restaurant. Breakfast [buffet] was… there. I ate. I survived. The coffee shop was a good place for a quick caffeine fix. The poolside bar was my go-to. There were also restaurants. Again, see above. I'm starting to think I'm the problem here, not the kitchen.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things…and the Huge Ones

Air conditioning? Absolutely, thank goodness. They had a concierge, which was great for arranging taxis (and they needed arranging!). Daily housekeeping was efficient. They had an elevator, which I mentioned. The doorman was always friendly. The business facilities seemed to be there.

For the Kids: Babysitting… Maybe?

I didn't have any kids, so I couldn't tell you. But they listed it.

Access: Security & Peace of Mind

CCTV? Check. 24-hour security? Yep. Fire extinguishers? Present and accounted for. Smoke alarms? Again, present. I felt safe, which is always a bonus.

Available in All Rooms: The Nitty-Gritty

Air conditioning: YES. Alarm clock: Probably. Bathrobes: Possibly. Bathroom phone: I didn't dial it. Bathtub: Yup. Blackout curtains: Glory be. Coffee/tea maker: Yes, and welcome! Daily housekeeping: Appreciated. Hair dryer: Essential. In-room safe: Always. Internet access (wireless): Yes. Mini bar: Stocked. Non-smoking: Yes. Shower: Yup. Slippers: Yes. Wake-up service: Yes.

And let me tell you about the bed. Seriously, the bed was like a fluffy cloud of comfort after a day exploring the mayhem of Medan. The pillows? Dreamy. The sheets? Crisp. The… well, you get the idea. Thank heavens for the bed.

Getting Around: Navigating Medan’s Chaos

Airport transfer? Yes! Valet parking? Available. Car park [free of charge]? Yes. Taxi service? Absolutely. They'll sort you out. Seriously, Medan traffic is a beast. Trust me, this is extremely important.

The Verdict (and My Emotional Rollercoaster)

So, is the OYO 90919 Arte Residence “Unbelievable Luxury”? Well… not quite. It leans more towards “Pleasantly Surprising with a Side of…Quirky.” The service is genuinely friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and the pool is a blessed relief. The food is… variable. The spa? Could be better.

BUT and it's a big BUT, for the price, it's a solid choice. Especially if you're looking for a clean, safe, and reasonably comfortable base to explore Medan.

My Quirky Observation: I swear, the elevator music was playing a constant loop of elevator music hits. I could guess the next song.

My Emotional Reaction: Overall, I was… content. Not blown away, but definitely felt like I got my money's worth.

The Offer (Because I'm a Reviewer, NOT a Salesperson…Kidding!)

Here it is, my attempt to get you to book…

Tired of the Medan Madness? Escape to the OYO 90919 Arte Residence!

Here's the deal: Book your stay now and get [insert a specific discount or perk here, e.g., a free cocktail at the poolside bar]. You’ll get:

  • Clean, Comfy Rooms: Seriously, the bed is a lifesaver!
  • Cool Pool Bliss: Perfect for beating the Medan heat.
  • Friendly Faces: The staff are amazing, even if they can't quite perfect the burger.
  • Safe and Sound: Security is top-notch.
  • Accessibility (though I can't fully vouch - reach out to them for specifics!)

But here's the real kicker: Come with realistic expectations. Medan is…Medan. Prepare for a little chaos. Embrace the quirks. Then come back to OYO 90919 Arte Residence and unwind.

Book now! You deserve a break (and maybe a Bintang). Disclaimer: My experience is my own; please do your own research. My burger experience may not be typical. I may be easily pleased by beds. However, the pool is great. You've been warned.

Isla Mujeres Paradise: All-Inclusive Luxury at Hotel Beló (Cancun)

Book Now

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my chaotic, beautiful, probably-going-to-be-delicious, possibly-disastrous, trip to Medan, Indonesia, basecamped at the esteemed (I hope) OYO 90919 Arte Residence. Prepare for a total ramble.

DAY 1: Arrival, Sensory Overload, and Instant Regret (Maybe?)

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Ugh. Jakarta airport. That place is a special kind of hell. You know, the one where the air conditioning's broken and everyone's either selling you something or trying to cut in line? I spent two hours fighting for a decent cup of coffee, then another hour fighting the urge to punch that guy who kept loudly clearing his throat. Finally, sweet, sweet escape: a slightly-too-small, definitely-not-clean airplane seat. Arrived at Medan. The humidity hit me like a wet, warm, delicious… blanket.
  • (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Taxi. The most terrifying, exhilarating, and probably illegal taxi ride of my life. Road rules? Apparently, those are more of a suggestion here. Our driver, probably named "Adi," expertly wove through traffic, honking incessantly, making me question all my previous life choices. We finally arrived at the OYO. It was… well, it was there.
  • (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Check-in. The lobby? Slightly less glamorous than the online photos suggested. The wi-fi password, a cryptic string of numbers and letters, took a good ten minutes to decipher. Finally, into the room! It smells faintly of… well, I'm not sure yet. But let's call it "authentic."
  • (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): The Great Soto Medan Hunt. I'd read about Soto, and it's all I wanted. So, I set off. Armed with Google Maps and a fierce determination. The first place? Closed. (I later learned they might've closed months ago.). Place number two? Full of locals who looked at me like I'd landed from Mars. (Fair). I persevered. Finally! A place, packed but… I ordered my Soto (with a side of perkedel) and oh. my. god. Heaven. broth, tender meat, and crispy goodness. I devoured it in about three minutes, sweating gloriously in the midday sun. Glory! That Soto? Saved the day.
  • (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Back to the OYO. Napping. I was SO tired. Seriously, the travel exhaustion hit me like freight train.
  • (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Stumbled back into the world for a quick walk around. Found a charming little shop, bought a bag of what I think are durian chips (it could be cardboard…), but I don't want to overthink it. This is where I tell you, I just had to taste them! That first bite was like a punch in the face with a fluffy pillow. A glorious pillow. The durian flavor? Intensely, intriguingly… there.
  • (7:00 PM - Late): Dinner, back at the OYO. Ordered takeout rendang (a classic!). The delivery guy showed up 45 minutes late but apologized profusely, offering me a sincere "Maaf." My heart melted. Ate rendang in bed while watching some Indonesian television (no clue what was happening, but I liked it).

DAY 2: Temples, Tigers, and Maybe an Identity Crisis?

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Coffee and the aforementioned durian chips (which, confession, I'm still nibbling on. They're growing on me). Made a half-hearted attempt to plan the day.
  • (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Maimun Palace and a Dive into History. Went to the Maimun Palace. Honestly, it's gorgeous. The architecture is stunning; the royal history is fascinating. The crowds? Less fascinating. Took too many photos, got slightly overwhelmed by the ornate decorations, and felt a pang of existential dread because, let's be honest, a palace makes you question your own humble existence.
  • (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch. Found a random warung (food stall) and ordered whatever looked appealing. I definitely pointed at something at random. It was spicy, flavorful, and probably wouldn't pass any Western health code. Delicious.
  • (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Taman Hewan Medan (Medan Zoo). Okay, you know, I'm an animal person. A "real" one. But this zoo? It's… rough, y'all. The animals seem… well, a bit sad. I'm not going to lie, it was an emotional roller coaster. Felt bad for the tigers pacing in their cages, and then I was like "but this is how the world works for them." Made me face some heavy questions about human impact.
  • (5:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Wandered back to the OYO. Just sat there. Feeling a weird mix of joy, grief, and jet lag. Also, slightly suspecting the durian chips are talking to me.
  • (6:00 PM - Late): Dinner. Satay. Another absolute winner. This time, with what I think were peanut sauces. Heaven. I also learned that the local people are the absolute nicest. So kind. So friendly. And so, so patient with my very bad Indonesian. Went to bed early again. I think I'm becoming a vampire.

DAY 3: Chaos and the Quest for a Truly Magnificent Photograph

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Woke up. Realized I have no clean clothes. Damn.
  • (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Coffee and determined to order from the OYO. I'm not sure what I ordered. Some kind of nasi goreng, and I am starving.
  • (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Tjong A Fie Mansion. Absolutely beautiful. I mean, jaw-droppingly beautiful. A wealthy man and his family, lived in the Chinese Quarter of the town. His house is huge and well-preserved. The photo opportunities? Endless. The tour guide? Amazing. That's my favorite memory of Medan. The mansion made my heart so full, and how he treated the community, oh, it was extraordinary!
  • (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Lunch. Quick food from the mansion's café. Yummy!
  • (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Trying to Find the Perfect View (and Failing). I went to the hill area, wanted to get an awesome postcard shot of the Medan skyline. The traffic was insane. The heat? Brutal. The "perfect view" kept getting blocked by buildings. I started questioning my photography skills. The whole thing ended in a sweaty, slightly deflated mess. I took a photo of a cat. It was a very good cat.
  • (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Relaxed by the OYO.
  • (5:00 PM - Late): Dinner and the OYO. I'm thinking about going to a place called "Mie Aceh" tomorrow. I hear it's good.

DAY 4: Departure, Durian Regret, and the Lingering Taste of Adventure.

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 7:00 AM): Wake up. Pack. Contemplate bringing home a suitcase full of durian chips. Probably a terrible idea. But…
  • (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Last breakfast – a final nasi goreng, and I ate a bit of it. It was good, but I have more time at the airport for food.
  • (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Head to the airport!
  • (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Waiting at the airport, ready to depart.
  • (10:00 AM - Finish): Ugh. I'm going to miss this place. The food. The chaos. The warmth of the people. Wait, did that smell like durian? OH NO, did I spill a durian-flavored something in my bag? And now I'm in a panic.

Final Thoughts:

Medan? It's intense. It's messy. It's challenging. And it's absolutely worth it. I'm leaving with a full stomach, a slightly lighter wallet, and a head full of memories. And, yes, probably a lingering smell of durian. Would I go back? Absolutely. Just… maybe not with the durian chips next time.

Escape to Kochi: Haruno Guest House Awaits!

Book Now

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan IndonesiaOkay, buckle up, buttercup! Because we're about to dive headfirst into the, uh, *unbelievable* luxury of Medan, as promised by OYO 90919 Arte Residence. Prepare for a ride that’s less "smooth operator" and more "nervous puppy trying to assemble IKEA furniture after a triple espresso." Here we go, FAQ style… but, like, *real* FAQ style.

So, *Unbelievable* Luxury, huh? What's the actual deal with OYO 90919 Arte Residence? Is it, you know, *actually* luxurious? Or is it just Instagram-filtered dreams?

Alright, let's be real. The word "luxury" gets thrown around like a frisbee at a golden retriever convention. My expectations? Low. Honestly, I was picturing a bed that doubled as a questionable trampoline. But, *unbelievable*? Well… it depends on your definition of "unbelievable." I mean, it's definitely not the Four Seasons. It's more… *aspirational* luxury. They try. They really, *really* try. The lobby is all shiny surfaces and (hopefully) air conditioning. But, and this is a BIG but… the devil's in the details, friends. More on that later.

What's the room situation like? Are we talking palatial suites or, you know, a slightly larger closet with a TV?

Okay, here's where it gets… interesting. I opted for the "Deluxe Something-Or-Other" – the name was forgettable; my bank account wasn't. The room? It *looked* decent in the photos. My first impression, actually walking in? “Huh. Alright.” Bigger than some cramped hotels. The bed? Surprisingly comfy, I'll give them that. The issue? The *humidity*. Dear Lord, the humidity. I swear, my hair transformed into a sentient rainforest within like, 10 minutes. And the air conditioning? Let's just say it was more "gentle breeze" than "arctic blast." This is where the "unbelievable" part began to feel like a *slightly* exaggerated claim. I mean, you *need* AC in Medan. Desperately. And the lighting? Fluorescent. Always the fluorescent. It felt a little like being interrogated by a particularly bored accountant.

Let's talk about the amenities. Did they actually have the promised 'pool' and, like, a 'gym'? And more importantly, were they usable?

Okay, the pool. The pool. This is where things went full "expectation vs. reality." The photos? Gorgeous. Crystal-clear water, sun loungers, the whole shebang. The reality? Let's just say I've seen cleaner puddles after a monsoon. It *looked* like a maintenance man hadn't been around in a while. And the gym? Hah! Imagine a room where workout equipment went to die. One treadmill. One rickety elliptical. A collection of dumbbells that looked like they'd been rescued from a shipwreck. I lasted about five minutes before I just gave up and decided to embrace the "holiday eating" vibe. The only thing toned in that room was my patience.

What's the staff like? Friendly? Helpfull? Or, shall we say, 'lost in translation'?

The staff... bless their hearts. They *tried*. Honestly, most of them were lovely. Smiling, eager to help. The language barrier, however, was a thing. Asking for extra towels? A whole performance. Ordering room service? Pray to the gods of Google Translate. Don't get me wrong, they gave it 100%! They are just... not always able to handle the sheer, desperate, *holiday-fueled needs* of guests like myself. I once tried to order breakfast in my best, clearly terrible, Indonesian. The waiter looked confused, and I am embarrassed to say, I just gave up. Maybe I should have pointed. Maybe I should have drawn a picture. Sometimes I think "lost in translation" is an *understatement*

The Breakfast. The Crucial Breakfast Experience. Tell us. Was it even edible?

Okay, breakfast. This could make or break the whole experience (and it nearly broke me, many times). The continental options? Standard. Bread that was slightly stale, questionable pastries, and coffee that tasted like it came from a rusty can. The local options? Now, that's where things got a little… exciting. I once got a nasi goreng that was so spicy, I genuinely considered running for the fire exit. But the next day, it was bland. One day it has fruit, another? None. It was a Russian roulette of the palate. I'm not kidding. You take your life (or your stomach) into your hands, every single morning. It was an adventure, to say the least... maybe I should have just stuck with the toast.

What was the absolute BEST thing about OYO 90919 Arte Residence? Give me ONE positive thing (if there even was one!).

Fine, okay. *One* positive thing. The location. It's in a decent spot, central to stuff. Access to the city was pretty easy. You could stroll around and actually *see* Medina (when not being suffocated by pollution of course). So, yeah, location. Solid. But it still wasn't enough to convince me it lived up to the "unbelievable" hype.

Would you stay there again? Be honest.

Hmm... The question is a tricky one. Look, would I stay there *again*? Probably not, unless I was on a *very* tight budget and desperate for air conditioning (and even then, I'd be tempted to rough it in the jungle). It wasn't *terrible*. It was just… not the opulent paradise the marketing material promised. I mean, it's a decent budget option if you're fully prepared for, shall we say, *rustic* luxury. You've been warned!

Book Hotels Now

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia

OYO 90919 Arte Residence Medan Indonesia