
**Luxury Surabaya Staycation: Unbeatable OYO 90889 Dkb Residence Deal!**
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the supposedly "luxury" world of OYO 90889 Dkb Residence in Surabaya, and let me tell you, my expectations were… well, let's just say they were tempered with the knowledge I snagged a "deal." This review isn't going to be your sterile, perfectly polished hotel brochure. Nope, this is real, unfiltered, and hopefully, a little bit helpful.
(SEO Focus: Surabaya Staycation, OYO, Dkb Residence, Surabaya Hotel, Affordable Luxury, Budget Hotel Surabaya, Wheelchair Accessible Surabaya, Free Wi-Fi, Surabaya Deals, Family Friendly Hotel Surabaya, Spa Surabaya)
First, the Hype (and the Reality)
Let's be straight: "Luxury" in an OYO setting… it's a bold claim. But hey, a staycation in Surabaya? Sign me up! My goal? Escape the daily grind. So, I booked the "Unbeatable OYO 90889 Dkb Residence Deal!" The price? Tempting. The promise? Well, we'll see.
Accessibility: The Good (and the "Needs Improvement")
Okay, important point first: Wheelchair Accessibility. Honestly, I didn't need it, but I'm always looking out for it. The website claims "Facilities for disabled guests." That's vague. I saw an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. But I couldn't fully assess ramps, doorways… so, check with the hotel directly if you have specific accessibility needs. It appears they're trying, which is more than some places.
- Accessibility Rating: 3/5 (Needs more detailed information on their website and clearer labeling)
Internet & Tech Shenanigans:
Internet Access, Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! Praise be! A modern necessity. Connectivity was… okay. Not lightning-fast, but functional for emails and some light browsing. (My Netflix marathon, however, experienced some buffering. Tragic.)
Internet [LAN]: I didn't test this one, but it's there. Old-school!
Wi-Fi in Public Areas: Spotty. Just be warned.
Tech Assessment: 3.5/5 - Wi-Fi can be unpredictable
Cleanliness & Safety: The COVID-Era Reality Check
I'm slightly obsessed with cleanliness these days. I mean, aren't we all?
Anti-viral Cleaning Products: Good. Checked the cleaning supplies in the room – they looked legit.
Breakfast in Room: Available – but more on that below.
Daily Disinfection in Common Areas: Seemed to be happening. I saw staff wiping down surfaces.
Hand Sanitizer: Yes, visible, a welcome sign.
Hygiene Certification: I didn't notice any specific certification posted.
Individually-Wrapped Food Options: Yes on the breakfast buffet.
Physical Distancing of at least 1 meter: Mostly observed. It's tricky in the buffet line, though.
Room Sanitization Opt-out available: Didn't see this explicitly offered, but they did seem conscious of the risks.
Rooms Sanitized Between Stays: Probably. They take a little while to get them ready.
Safe Dining Setup: The buffet setup was reasonably safe.
Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: I saw the staff wearing masks consistently, which is a great sign.
COVID-19 Safety Assessment: 4/5 - They're making an effort.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Culinary Adventure
Okay, the most important aspect of a staycation for ME: food. And let me tell you, it was a roller coaster ride.
Asian Breakfast, Asian Cuisine in Restaurant, International Cuisine in Restaurant: The breakfast buffet WAS decent. Nothing mind-blowing, but solid. They had a mix of Asian and Western options.
Breakfast [Buffet]: Yes! Variety was adequate. You can order to your room if you want.
Coffee/tea in restaurant: Fine. Not the best coffee I've tasted, but a caffeine fix is a caffeine fix.
Poolside Bar: I didn't see one, but I didn't ask.
Restaurants: One.
Room service [24-hour]: Yes! Excellent.
Snack bar: None that I encountered.
Vegetarian restaurant: Not exclusively vegetarian, but there were veggie options at the buffet.
Dining Experience: 3/5 - Breakfast buffet was decent, but the rest was a little underwhelming.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: The "Zen" Factor
This is where the "luxury" promise gets a little… stretched.
- Fitness center: Small, basic, but functional.
- Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Yes, the outdoor pool IS pretty, and the view is decent. Not infinity pool level, but good for a dip.
- Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage: Now, the website lists these, but their availability is another story.. double check!
- For the Kids, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Kids facilities: Yes.
- Things to do: 3/5 - Not a wide variety of activities.
Services and Conveniences: The Nitty Gritty Stuff
The practical stuff.
Air conditioning in public area, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Luggage storage: all good
Cash withdrawal: There is a place at the lobby.
Concierge Helpful.
Invoice provided, Credit card/Cashless payment service: easy to do
Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Seminars: If you need them, they have some.
Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: all work
Gift/souvenir shop: Nope.
Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Yes.
Smoking area: Yes, there is a designated spot.
Doorman, Security [24-hour], Safety/security feature, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: All present.
Service Assessment: 4/5 - Generally helpful!
Available in all rooms: The Room Itself
Okay, let's talk about the room. It’s important.
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Internet access – wireless, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: ALL of these features are present, so the room is well-equipped.
- Room Quality rating: 3.5/5. Quite decent.
The Verdict: Should You Stay?
Okay, the big question. Is OYO 90889 Dkb Residence a "luxury" staycation? Not exactly. But is it a good deal for the price, for a staycation? Absolutely.
The Good: Clean, relatively safe, has a pool, breakfast is decent and room is solid. The staff is friendly.
The Not-So-Good: The "luxury" claim is a stretch. The Wi-Fi can be iffy. The facilities (spa, etc.) need confirmation.
My Emotional Reaction:
I came wanting to relax, and that's precisely what I did. I walked in with the right expectations. So I left refreshed, rejuvenated, and overall, pretty happy.
Final Score: 4/5
The Unbeatable Deal Offer (for you, my friend!):
Ready for Your Surabaya Staycation Transformation?
Here's the deal: OYO 90889 Dkb Residence offers a great value for a relaxing stay in Surabaya.
Here's why you should book NOW:
- Unbeatable Price: Get the deal!
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Enjoy the pool, good sleep, and good vibes.
- Convenience: Everything you need is at your fingertips.
Book your Surabaya escape today! Visit [hotel website] or call [hotel phone number]! Don't forget to mention this review for a special discount! (Okay, I'm just kidding about the discount, but you should still book!)
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Hotel Armadale Experience in Nainital
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're talking about Surabaya, Indonesia, specifically the charming (read: possibly slightly dodgy) OYO 90889 Dkb Residence. Let's dive in. Pray for me, y'all.
Surabaya: A Trainwreck of Anticipation (and Possibly Food Poisoning)
Day 1: Arrival and the Audacity of Air Conditioning
- 7:00 AM (Jakarta Time): Ugh, the alarm. Another sunrise I'd rather be sleeping through. This flight delay in Jakarta… already feeling the tropical humidity creeping in. And my carry-on? Of course, it's the one with the emergency chocolate stash. Priorities.
- 10:00 AM (Surabaya Time): Landed! Surabaya airport… smells… different. I actually can’t quite place it. A mix of diesel fumes and something vaguely floral. Could be worse. Grabbed a taxi, a dude who clearly thought he was driving a race car. Made it to the OYO. The lobby… is it the heat, or am I hallucinating? The aircon is fighting for its life. Praying for the room to be a bit better.
- 11:00 AM: Okay, the room. It’s… a room. The air conditioning is a definite "maybe," occasionally sputtering like a grumpy old man. It's clean-ish, which is a win, I guess. And the view? Well, let's say it overlooks the gritty charm of Surabaya's backstreets. Hey, at least the bed doesn't look like it's about to break the moment I touch it.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Food stall adventure time! I decided to brave the local street food, and ordered Nasi Goreng, it was heavenly! The fried egg? Perfection. The spicy kick? Alive and kicking. I'm pretty sure I saw a stray dog give me a thumbs up.
- 2:00 PM: Siesta time. (aka: trying to defeat the heat.) The aircon finally gave up the ghost. I'm basically melting, but hey, at least I can't feel the city heat anymore.
- 4:00 PM: A quick jaunt out to the neighborhood supermarket, the local ones are so different from what I'm used to. I'm still trying to adjust to all the new smells and sounds.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local warung, I ordered the infamous rawon! The deep black broth… fascinating. Flavorful. A little bit out of my comfort zone, but that's what I'm here for, right? I hope.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the OYO. Time for an early night, or at least, an attempt at one. I'm pretty sure I heard a rooster, like, a very LOUD rooster, at 7 pm. And the sounds of the streets are still keeping me awake. But I'm already starting to feel at home!
Day 2: Culture Shock and Spicy Regrets
- 7:00 AM: Woke up feeling… optimistic! Okay, maybe not. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of a hot shower (turns out it's a temperamental beast), and the morning sun is already relentless.
- 9:00 AM: A visit to the House of Sampoerna, a beautiful, historic building. Learning about Indonesia's clove cigarette industry. It's fascinating, the factory and the history. It's also a bit smoky inside.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Okay, so that rawon? It hit me. Hard. I'm pretty sure I've developed a love/hate relationship with spicy food. The taste was amazing, but the after-effects… less so.
- 2:00 PM: Explored the Grahadi building, a historical landmark in Surabaya. Such a contrast to the OYO!
- 4:00 PM: A walk in the area. The local people had such a friendly vibe. I feel like I was welcomed, and I'm getting the hang of navigating the chaos of this city.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Trying something super mild this time. I miss my bland, safe life in the US. But I'm happy, I think?
- 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel with a cold bottle of water.
Day 3: A Whirlwind of… Everything (and the Existential Dread of Departure)
- 7:00 AM: Another alarm. Feeling less optimistic this time.
- 9:00 AM: Went to visit the Heroes Monument. It's awesome!
- 12:00 PM: A last lunch. A bit of regret creeping in… I wish I had more time to explore, to feel like I really know this place.
- 2:00 PM: Head back to the OYO, packing my bags and my memories.
- 4:00 PM: Off to the airport. Said goodbye to the OYO, wondering if anyone will ever understand the beauty of its… quirks.
- 7:00 PM: The flight. Reflecting. Surabaya… it hit me hard. The good, the bad, the spicy… it was all part of the experience. Would I go back? Absolutely. Next time, though, I'm bringing extra toilet paper and earplugs.
This itinerary is just a suggestion, remember! Embrace the chaos, get lost, eat the questionable street food (maybe with caution), and be prepared to fall in love with Surabaya… and maybe also a tiny bit with that slightly dodgy OYO. Just don't forget the Immodium. You've been warned.
Dubai's Paramount Hotel: Midtown Luxury You Won't Believe!
OYO 90889 Dkb Residence Surabaya: The Real Deal (or Maybe a Hilarious Disaster?) - FAQs, My Brain's Version
Okay, so, what *is* this "Unbeatable OYO 90889 Dkb Residence Deal" anyway? Is it actually... good?
Alright, so, the deal. The deal is basically a cheap-as-chips Surabaya staycation. OYO rooms, right? Which, let's be honest, can go either way. I've stayed in some OYOs that were borderline luxurious (like, "wow, this is clean!"). I’ve also stayed in some that felt… well, let's just say I spent half the night battling existential dread and the other half slapping at rogue mosquitoes. This one? Dkb Residence? Yeah, that’s the gamble. The "unbeatable" part is probably the price. Surabaya is a big city, and hotels can get pricey. So, for the budget-conscious adventurer… it's a temptation. But, and this is a BIG but, prepare for anything. Seriously. My own experience? More on that later. Let’s just say I developed a fondness for instant noodles and a newfound appreciation for the simple things in life… like a working remote control.
What kind of room can I expect? Like, should I bring my own hazmat suit? (kidding… mostly)
Okay, the room situation. Look, the OYO website will likely show you some pristine, brightly lit photos. Don't trust them. Seriously. My advice? Lower your expectations. WAY lower. I’m not saying it’s going to be awful – maybe it'll be perfectly fine! – but preparing yourself emotionally is key. Think... basic. Usually, you'll get a bed (hopefully clean sheets!), a TV (maybe with a working screen – fingers crossed!), a bathroom (with a shower that *might* have hot water - a LUXURY, mind you!), and maybe, just maybe, some air conditioning that actually works. The size? Don’t expect a suite. Think small. Compact. Cozy, if you're feeling optimistic. If you're claustrophobic, maybe consider practicing some deep breathing exercises before you arrive. Seriously, the walls can feel like they're closing in after a while. And don't be surprised if there's a faint smell of… well, let's just say "previous guests." Air freshener is your friend!
Okay, assuming I take the plunge... what's the neighborhood like? Am I gonna get mugged walking to the warung for some nasi goreng?
This is a good question! Safety first, ALWAYS. The area surrounding Dkb Residence (and any similar budget accommodation) can vary wildly. Surabaya itself is generally safe, but... it depends. Do your research! Look up reviews, see what other guests have said. Is it a bustling area with lots of shops and street food? Or a quieter, residential zone? I'd advocate for the former. Brighter streets, more people around, that general "there's safety in numbers" vibe, you know? Late at night? Maybe take a Grab or Gojek. Don't flash your expensive phone around. Common sense stuff. Honestly? I once walked to a warung at like, 10 PM, and the only thing I regretted was not bringing more money. The food was AMAZING! But it's always better to be cautious. Listen to your gut. If something feels off, get outta there.
What about the amenities? Wi-Fi? Breakfast? Anything besides the bare minimum?
Amenities… ah, the word that carries so much potential for disappointment! Wi-Fi? MAYBE. Don't count on it being lightning-fast. Pack a data plan on your phone. Breakfast? Unlikely to be included in the base price. You're probably looking at some instant coffee and maybe a pack of biscuits. Consider it a pre-emptive fast. Or, even better, find a local warung and indulge in some authentic Indonesian breakfast – trust me, it's worth it. As for other amenities... well, again, lower those expectations. Don’t expect a swimming pool, a spa, or a concierge service. It’s about survival, my friend. A place to sleep, a place to shower, and a place to leave your luggage before you explore the city! Think of it as a minimalist experience. Embrace the simplicity! ...Or just bring your own towel. Seriously.
Let's talk reviews. What are other people saying? Are they all raging, or is it just me being dramatic?
Reviews. The lifeblood of the modern traveler, and also a potential source of pure, unadulterated anxiety. Read 'em! But also, take them with a grain of salt. One person's "charming and rustic" is another person's "moldy and falling apart." Look for common themes. Are people consistently complaining about the cleanliness? The noise? The broken air conditioning? (trust me that is crucial!). Look for good reviews, too. Sometimes, a good review will be so amazing I get hopeful (I am a sucker for hope). Is there a friendly staff? Is the location convenient? Are the basic needs met? Most importantly, does the good outweigh the bad? My brain takes reviews as a good way to have an idea for what I will encounter and a way to mentally prepare - my heart's a flutter of hope and anxiety. But always remember: YOUR experience will be your own. And that’s part of the adventure, right?
Okay, spill the tea! Tell me about *your* experience! Was it a glorious bargain, or a comedic train wreck?
OH, the tea! Okay, buckle up, because this is where things get real. My Dkb Residence experience… let's just say it was… memorable. Deep breaths. Remember that bit about the remote control? Yeah. The TV. The thing that was *supposed* to be my escape from existential dread. It wouldn't work. I tried everything. Changed the batteries (which, miraculously, I had!). Pointed it directly at the… thingy. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. So, I spent the evening, alone, in a slightly damp room, staring at a blank screen. I swear, the silence was deafening. And the walls… they started to close in. I felt… very, very alone. And then, the mosquitoes came. I won't go into detail, but let's just say I developed a love-hate relationship with the insect repellent. I spent the night listening to the hum of the fan and swatting at these tiny little vampires. But, the next morning? I went to a *wonderful* street food stall and had the best Nasi Goreng of my life. And in a weird way, the whole experience solidified my love for Surabaya. It was a trial by fire… but I survived. Would I go back? Maybe. With a LOT of bug spray, a good book, and a backup remote control. And, yes, I did leave a review.
Considering this, is it worth it to book this place?
Alright, final verdict time. Is it worth it? That depends. Are you on a super-tight budget? Do you prioritize location over luxury? Do you possess a sense of adventure, a tolerance for the unknown, and a healthy dose of patience? If you answered yes to those questions, then yeah - it might be worthStay Collective

