
Luxury Surabaya Staycation: OYO Flagship 90890 Bratang Gede Residence Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Surabaya staycation experience – specifically, the OYO Flagship 90890 Bratang Gede Residence Awaits! I'm not gonna lie, I went in with a little bit of skepticism. OYO's reputation is… well, it can be hit or miss. But hey, a luxury Surabaya staycation sounded pretty damn tempting. So, here's the raw, unfiltered truth, because let’s be real, perfect reviews are BORING as hell.
First Impressions - The Arrival and Getting Around (Accessibility & the Vibe)
- Accessibility: Okay, let's rip the band-aid off. This section is a mixed bag. While they technically have "Facilities for disabled guests" listed, I couldn't find specifically listed features. So, if you NEED a truly wheelchair-friendly experience, call ahead and triple-check. I’m not an expert here, so ask them before getting your hopes up.
- Getting Around: Parking? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. "Car park [free of charge]" is music to my ears. The hotel is also right near a bus stop, so that’s a plus. No real complaints here.
- The Vibe: This place? Surprisingly chill. No pretentious snootiness, which I appreciated. It wasn't a gleaming five-star palace, but it felt comfortable, like a slightly trendy, well-kept apartment complex. The exterior corridor gave it a more casual, less imposing feel, a welcome break!
Rooms – The Nitty Gritty (Comfort & Tech)
- Room Details: I snagged a “non-smoking” room (thank God!), and the air conditioning was a lifesaver in Surabaya's humidity. They had "Blackout curtains!" Yes! Sleep is KEY on a staycation. My room had a "Seating area," which was nice to just dump my suitcase.
- Tech Time: Wi-Fi was a must, and they offered "Wi-Fi [free]" – in all rooms! Bless up! I'm one of those people, so the "Internet access – wireless" was a godsend. Also, a "Laptop workspace." If you must work, or, you know, just binge-watch. The TV? Not bad.
- The Bathroom (and its Secrets): My inner clean freak did a little happy dance. The "Separate shower/bathtub" was a luxurious touch! Basic hotel toiletries, but hey, they're there. The "Hair dryer" wasn't that great, but it worked. Always pack your own.
Cleanliness & Safety – The Pandemic Era (The Important Stuff)
- Safety First!: They actually impressed me here. "Hand sanitizer" everywhere? Check. "Daily disinfection in common areas"? Check. "Staff trained in safety protocol"? Apparently. They had "Anti-viral cleaning products." Made me feel… safer.
- Room Sanitation: "Rooms sanitized between stays" is something I look for. You know, peace of mind.
- Food Safety: "Sanitized kitchen and tableware items" – again, a win. "Safe dining setup," and they have a "Cashless payment service." All good things.
- The Imperfections: I'm not going to pretend the sanitization was perfect. I may or may not have wiped down the door handles, but it's my nature.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking – Let's Eat!
- Restaurant Round-up: The "Restaurants" had me excited. They have "Asian cuisine in restaurant," and a "Western cuisine in restaurant." The breakfast was decent - "Breakfast [buffet]" plus there was an "Asian breakfast"!
- Coffee and Comforts: "Coffee/tea in restaurant" and a small "Coffee shop". They even had "Bottle of water" in my room.
- Room Service: "Room service [24-hour]" is a serious game-changer for a staycation. Pizza at 2 am? Yes, please. They even had a "Snack bar" – though, I may have missed it.
- The Downside: "Desserts in restaurant"! Okay, the "Desserts in restaurant" were… okay. Honestly, I could live without that.
- My Foodie Journey: I ordered room service because getting out of the comfy robes was a no-go. The noodles I ordered were surprisingly good and I was a little surprised at myself and the whole experience.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Getting Pampered
- The Relax Zone: Okay, here's the kicker. They have a "Swimming pool [outdoor]"! This was so relaxing because the pool has a view.
- Spa Life: "Spa/sauna", "Massage", "Body scrub,"… they went all out! I wasn't expecting this level of pampering! The "steamroom" was amazing. You can't go wrong with that.
Services & Conveniences – The Extras
- The Basics: Elevator? Check. "Facilities for disabled guests" (again, inquire!). "Daily housekeeping" – a lifesaver!
- The Helpers: "Concierge"? YES! "Laundry service" and "Dry cleaning." Good for keeping the trip easy.
- Business Bit: "Business facilities" and "Meeting/banquet facilities". Fine, if you MUST work during the staycation… ugh.
- Stuff you probably won't use: "Shrine"? "Pets allowed"? "Family/child friendly"?
For the Kids (If You Have Them)
- I am not a parent, so I’m just relying on the list here. "Babysitting service"? "Kids facilities"? "Kids meal"? Seems like they're catering to families, which is cool.
The Verdict? And a Compelling Offer!
Look, the OYO Flagship 90890 Bratang Gede Residence isn't perfect. It's not the Ritz. But, it has CHARACTER! It’s a solid choice for a Surabaya staycation on a budget. The pool is a huge plus, the rooms are comfortable, and the staff were friendly. The location is convenient.
Here's the Deal - My Pitch to Ya!
Tired of the same old grind? Need a SERIOUS reset? Get ready to unleash your inner chill with the "Surabaya Escape Package" at the OYO Flagship 90890 Bratang Gede Residence!
Here's what you'll get:
- Cozy Room (non-smoking, of course!) with free Wi-Fi, because let's be honest, the internet is a necessity!
- Unlimited Pool Time: Plunge into the outdoor swimming pool.
- Breakfast in Bed: Wake up to a delicious breakfast delivered right to your room.
- Stress-Free Arrival: Free parking so you can keep your sanity.
- 24/7 Room Service for Late-Night Cravings: Pizza, noodles, whatever your heart desires, whenever you want it.
- Exclusive Offer: You'll receive a 20% discount on spa treatments to unleash that spa lover!
Why Book NOW?
- Limited-Time Offer: This package is only available for a limited time – don’t miss your chance to escape!
- Unbeatable Value: Get a luxurious staycation without breaking the bank.
- Book Direct & Save: Book on their website or call directly to get the BEST price!
Stop scrolling, and start booking your Surabaya Escape! Trust me, you deserve it! (And tell them I sent you, so maybe I can get a discount next time. LOL!)
QT Sydney: Is This Australia's Hottest Hotel?
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is… well, this is my potential Surabaya adventure from the humble (and possibly slightly moldy) confines of OYO Flagship 90890 Bratang Gede Residence. Let's see if I can actually do this without spiraling into existential dread.
The Bratang Gede Breakdown (Surabaya, Indonesia): My Soul-Searching (and Probably Stomach-Rumbling) Adventure
Day 1: Arrival – Smells Like…Adventure?
Time: Morning (or, more realistically, whenever I finally pry myself out of bed after a transatlantic flight and the existential weight of "what the hell am I doing here?").
Event: Land in Surabaya's Juanda International Airport (SUB). Pray to the travel gods that my luggage doesn't end up in… well, anywhere but Surabaya.
Transportation: Airport taxi. Negotiate the price like my life depends on it (it probably does, financially speaking).
Quirk Alert: The airport smells like a delightful mix of jet fuel, humid air, and something vaguely floral. Is it a welcome scent? Who knows! I'm still processing the time change.
Emotional State: A mix of giddy excitement and low-level panic. Is this the start of a great travel story? Or am I about to become a cautionary tale? Stay tuned, folks!
Minor Category: Currency Confusion: Okay, so the Rupiah. It’s a lot of zeros. Learning the exchange rate is a MUST before I go anywhere because otherwise, I'm sure I'll be scammed blind.
Event: Check into OYO Flagship 90890 Bratang Gede Residence. Okay, so the reviews said it was… basic. Fingers crossed it's not basic in the "infested with things that crawl" kind of way.
Transportation (Internal): Limp my weary body and luggage through the front door.
Quirk Alert: The key situation. Do I have the correct key? Does it actually fit? Or is this going to turn into a fun game of locked-out-of-room-and-crying-in-the-hallway?
Emotional State: Hope and dread, playing a close match. Praying the air conditioning works.
Minor Category: First Impressions: Alright, first impression of the hotel. The lobby is…well, it's a lobby. Not much that sets it apart. Let’s see if the room is any better.
Event: Unpack, and (hopefully) take a shower. Then, collapse on the bed. Maybe.
Transportation (Internal): Dragging my heavy luggage across the (hopefully) clean floor.
Quirk Alert: Will there be hot water? Cold? Lukewarm, the traveler's curse? I'm picturing a lukewarm shower and silently sobbing.
Emotional State: The overwhelming urge to just…sleep. But I must resist! Adventure awaits! (Unless it doesn't. Then, sleep it is.)
Minor Category: Food! Okay, I'm starving. Gotta find some food. But what? Where? And will it murder my digestive system? The ultimate travel question.
Event: Exploring the Area of Bratang Gede. I heard there were some Warungs around.
- Transportation: Walking, looking out because of the road. I'm a terrible walker.
- Quirk Alert: Navigating the Surabaya traffic. It’s a chaotic ballet of motorbikes, cars, and… everything else. Gotta develop some Spidey sense fast.
- Emotional State: Slightly terrified but also excited. This is it, people. This is the real deal.
Day 2: Surabaya's Soul Food (And Possible Food Poisoning)
Time: Morning. Or maybe it's afternoon. Jet lag is a cruel mistress.
Event: Seek out authentic Indonesian breakfast. Maybe Nasi Goreng? Or maybe some random street food that looks delicious and isn't trying to kill me.
Transportation: Relying on my Google Maps and some serious courage.
Quirk Alert: I will probably get lost. I will probably embarrass myself. I will probably try to communicate with hand gestures more than words.
Emotional State: Hungry. Very, very hungry. Slightly nervous about the potential for explosive… you know.
Minor Category: Food Glorious Food (The Deep Dive): Okay, so, Nasi Goreng is a given. But what else? I need to be brave. I need to eat the local delicacies… even if they look like something that might…well, you know.
Event: A visit to a local market. Immerse myself in the vibrant chaos of Indonesian life.
- Transportation: Walk, walk, walk. Possibly get distracted by a cute kitty.
- Quirk Alert: The aromas! The sights! The noise! It's sensory overload.
- Emotional State: Overwhelmed. In the best possible way.
- Minor Category: The Bargaining Game : Okay, bargaining. I've heard it's a MUST. But I'm terrible at it. Will I get ripped off? Probably. Will I learn? Eventually.
Event: Lunch. Hopefully, the food doesn't kill me.
- Transport: Stumble into a convenient restaurant.
- Quirk Alert: The potential for a language barrier situation. My Indonesian is… nonexistent.
- Emotional State: Hopeful, but with a touch of trepidation.
- Minor Category: The Bathroom Situation : Should probably scope out restrooms before I hit the food coma.
Event: Afternoon. Explore a cultural site. Maybe the House of Sampoerna? Or the Cheng Hoo Mosque?
- Transportation: Taxi or public transport, if I can figure it out.
- Quirk Alert: Will I be wearing the appropriate attire? Will I accidentally offend someone? My people-pleasing instincts are in overdrive.
- Emotional State: Curious, eager to learn, and hoping I don't become a tourist stereotype.
Event: Dinner
- Transportation: Walk to a restaurant. Hopefully.
- Quirk Alert: Ordering the right dishes this time.
- Emotional State: Excited to try the food.
Event: Evening. Find a relaxing spot to unwind, and reflect on the day.
- Transportation: Walk to the hotel
- Quirk Alert: Getting back safely, and not getting lost.
- Emotional State: Tired, but happy.
Day 3: Adventures in Surabaya - A Whirlwind of Culture (and Maybe More Food)
- Time: Early! Trying to beat the heat (and the crowds).
- Event: Visit the Heroes Monument (Tugu Pahlawan). Gotta pay respects.
- Transportation: Taxi or a ride-hailing service. Hopefully, I don't get ripped off.
- Quirk Alert: The heat. It's the humidity. Is it me, or is it getting hotter in here?
- Emotional State: Somber, respectful, and maybe a little bit sweaty.
- Minor Category: Local interaction: I'm hoping for some genuine conversations, or at least the attempt.
- Event: Explore a museum.
- Transportation: Taxi!
- Quirk Alert: Reading everything in English.
- Emotional State: Excited
- Event: Food! Food!
- Transportation: Walk!
- Quirk Alert: Trying new food, and the potential stomachache.
- Emotional State: Excited!
Day 4: Leaving Surabaya (And Maybe Missing It Already)
Time: Morning. The dreaded departure day.
Event: Final Surabaya breakfast. One last hurrah!
Transportation: Stumble out of the hotel.
Quirk Alert: Trying not to buy too many souvenirs. I have a slight addiction.
Emotional State: Bittersweet. Sad to leave. But also… ready for a warm shower and a comfortable bed.
Minor Category: Airport Shenanigans: Navigating the airport crowds. Praying my flight isn't delayed. Hoping I have enough Indonesian Rupiah to cover those airport snacks.
Event: Head to Juanda International Airport.
- Transportation: Taxi.
- Quirk Alert: Checking in my luggage. Going through security without losing my mind. *

So, You're Thinking About Bratang Gede Residence? Buckle Up, Buttercup! (FAQ-ish, Maybe)
Okay, spill the tea. Is this Bratang Gede Residence... luxurious? 'Cause OYO doesn't exactly scream "opulence," right?
Alright, alright, let's be real. Luxury? Well... compared to sleeping in a cardboard box under a bridge in Surabaya? Absolutely! Compared to, say, the Four Seasons in Bali? Honey, no. The "Flagship" designation had me picturing gold-plated toilet seats, tbh. What I got was... clean. And that, in Surabaya, is a win. The rooms aren't dripping in diamonds or anything, but they're a decent size, the AC *mostly* works (more on that later...), and it was, let's say, practically an upgrade from my usual budget dive. Think Ikea-chic, but with a slightly questionable air freshener scent. It's leaning more "comfortable and convenient" than "lavish getaway" is more accurate. Don't expect butlers, but you *might* get a friendly face at the front desk, IF they remember you checked in the day before. Just keep your expectations in check, okay?
Location, location, location! Is Bratang Gede a good spot to explore Surabaya?
Okay, here’s the tea. The location? It's... *fine*. Not exactly smack-dab in the middle of the action. It's not *far* from things, but you're absolutely going to need a Gojek or Grab (ride-hailing apps are your best friend, people). Its in an area more residential, don't go looking for beach clubs. I'm a bit directionally challenged, so I honestly ended up taking a Gojek to everywhere. It's probably a 20-30 minute ride to the city centre, depending on Surabaya's eternal traffic. Is it perfect? Nah. But is it a good basecamp for adventures? Sure. Think of it as a launching pad with a slightly lumpy mattress. See the local markets? I did, and it's great. But prepare for the transportation game - it's part of the Surabaya charm. If you plan ahead of time, you would be good.
The room! Tell me everything! What's the vibe? Is it clean? The bed? (I need to know about the bed!)
Listen, the room! This is where things get... interesting. Cleanliness-wise? Surprisingly okay. I've seen worse. Much worse. The sheets were fresh… I think? (Okay, maybe I brought my own just in case. I have trust issues with hotel sheets). The bed... ah, the bed. Let's just say it wasn't the fluffy cloud-like experience I'd been dreaming of. More like a solid, functional surface upon which you could lie down. Okay, okay, it was acceptable. Not heavenly. Think... firm. If you like a firm mattress, you're golden. If you're a princess and the pea, well, pack some extra pillows. And the vibe? Well, think minimalist. Ikea-esque, and the lighting... dim. I swear sometimes there's a ghost in my room, or maybe just the lighting. It makes the whole room kinda…blah! But hey, I'm not judging! I just wanted somewhere to hang out after a long day.
Air Conditioning: Friend or Foe? (Because Indonesia, amirite?)
Ah, the AC. Ah, the eternal battle between traveler and sweating profusely. Honestly, it was a bit of a rollercoaster. Sometimes it worked like a champ, blowing glorious icy air. Other times, it was like a particularly grumpy hairdryer, barely making a dent in the Surabaya humidity. There was one night where I woke up in a pool of my own sweat, convinced I’d somehow teleported to the Sahara Desert. I ended up having to go to the reception to complain. I'm not a complainer, but sweat is not my most fondest thing. Despite all, I gave some instructions to the receptionist which they followed and the AC worked. So, bring a fan. You never know. Overall, it was a mixed bag, and I wouldn't bet my life on it performing perfectly. Worth the price? Probably, but prepare to sweat it out (possibly literally).
The Breakfast Situation: Is it worth waking up for? (Or should I Uber Eats it?)
Okay, breakfast. This is where things get... quaint. It's included, which is a plus. Don't expect a continental spread of epic proportions. Think simple. Think... nasi goreng (fried rice), maybe some toast, and the ubiquitous Indonesian coffee (which, let's be honest, is strong enough to raise the dead. It's good to wake you up. Plus, an egg (if you are lucky). I'm not a huge breakfast person, but hey, it's free. Is it gourmet? Nope. Did it fill me up? Mostly. Did it make me question my life choices? Maybe a little, mostly because I realised I didn't had money to eat anywhere else. It's functional, and it'll do the job. Just don't bank on it being the highlight of your day. Honestly, I'd suggest hitting up a local warung (small, family-run restaurant) if you are seeking great food.
Any annoying things I should know about BEFORE I go? Hidden fees? Creepy staff? Spill the beans!
Okay, listen up. Here's the real talk, the stuff they DON'T tell you in the glossy brochures. First, the Wi-Fi. It was... patchy. Be prepared to tether to your phone and give up on streaming anything. Especially if you need to work. Second, the noise. Surabaya is a city of constant motion, and while Bratang Gede isn't directly on a main road, you'll still hear the occasional motorbike revving its engine at 3 AM. The walls aren't exactly soundproof. And the staff... well I had a problem about the AC, so I complained a lot to the staff. They were nice enough, and mostly helpful. But don't expect them to anticipate your every need. And watch out for the shower - the water pressure at times was... well, like being sprinkled by a toddler with a watering can. But the worst thing? The TV. It was ancient, and the selection of channels... limited. But hey, you're in Surabaya, right? Get out and explore! Overall, just lower your expectations a smidge, and pack some earplugs.
So, the big question: Would you stay there again?
Honestly? Probably. For the price, and considering the Surabaya hotel landscape, it's perfectly acceptable. It's clean (mostly), it's conveniently located (with Gojek/Grab), and it's a roof over your head. I wouldn't choose it for a romantic getaway, and I probably wouldn't recommend it to my snobby friends. But for a solo traveller who needs a basecamp, or for a budget conscious person who wants a little bit of comfort, yeah, I'dRoaming Hotels

