
Escape to Paradise: East Lite Hotel, Bareilly's Hidden Gem
Escape to Paradise: East Lite Hotel - My Bareilly Beatification or Bust (A Review You Can Actually Trust)
Alright, folks, buckle up. This isn't your usual bland hotel review. This is the raw, unfiltered, slightly caffeinated truth about Escape to Paradise: East Lite Hotel in Bareilly, a place that either lives up to its name or… well, let's just say I'm prepared to adjust my definition of “paradise.” And trust me, after spending a week fighting mosquitos and rogue auto-rickshaws in Bareilly, I need paradise.
(Disclaimer: This is LONG. Like, really long. But hey, you asked for detailed, right? And I'm nothing if not thorough… and a little bit prone to rambling.)
Getting There (and Staying Sane in Bareilly):
Accessibility: Bareilly, bless its heart, isn't exactly known for its accessibility. Getting around is… an experience. But the hotel? Good news! The facilities for disabled guests are a definite plus. I didn't personally need them, but it's reassuring to know they're there, unlike the mythical "smooth roads" of Bareilly. And the car park [free of charge] is a lifesaver. Driving in Bareilly is like playing a real-life game of Frogger, except the cars are determined to win. Airport transfer?! Yes, please! Though I’d advise confirming the time, my ride, which came on time, did not have aircon, and it was scorching hot and stuffy.
Getting Around: Car park [on-site] is a big thumbs up, and I saw Bicycle parking, but let's be honest, Bareilly isn't exactly a cycling paradise. The Taxi service is readily available, and they did offer Valet parking which could actually be super useful.
The Great Indoors: Rooms, Amenities, and the Pursuit of Sleep
Available in all rooms: Okay, let's dissect the room situation because a bad room can ruin a good vacation. I’ve had nightmares about this.
- Air conditioning: YES. Thank goodness. Bareilly in summer is… intense.
- Alarm clock: Probably. I used my phone. Am I too basic? Probably.
- Bathrobes: Always a welcome touch.
- Bathroom phone: Huh. Didn’t use it. Did anyone? Maybe a spy movie moment I missed?
- Bathtub: Jackpot! After a day of dodging cows and negotiating with rickshaw drivers, a soak is mandatory.
- Blackout curtains: Absolutely crucial. Bareilly sun is unforgiving.
- Carpeting: Nice. (Unless you have allergies. Consider your own risk)
- Closet: Enough space to unpack. Which I tried to do; my attempt ended in a disastrous mess.
- Coffee/tea maker: Essential. Especially that first morning jolt.
- Complimentary tea: Score!
- Daily housekeeping: Efficient and friendly. My room was always spotless and cleaned in super speed.
- Desk: Actually usable, unlike some I've encountered in my travels.
- Extra long bed: A lifesaver for us tall folks.
- Free bottled water: Hydration is key, people!
- Hair dryer: Essential for taming humidity-induced frizz.
- High floor: My bad, but it felt a bit like I was living in a treehouse.
- In-room safe box: A must for peace of mind.
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Great if you're travelling with family (or if you just want to spy on the neighbors, I don't judge).
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Good connectivity. This is a big win. My only criticism is that sometimes, the signal was a little patchy, but overall, very usable. A huge improvement over some other hotels I've endured.
- Ironing facilities: I'm not sure if I used them.
- Laptop workspace: Perfect.
- Linens: Comfortable and clean.
- Mini bar: Decent selection, but not cheap.
- Mirror: Big & useful, and they had enough lighting.
- Non-smoking: Thank God.
- On-demand movies: Didn't bother. Bareilly life is the best drama.
- Private bathroom: Of course.
- Reading light: Perfect for late-night reading (when the Wi-Fi is down).
- Refrigerator: Handy for keeping water and… well, anything that might melt in the Bareilly heat.
- Safety/security feature: Always welcomed.
- Satellite/cable channels: The usual suspects.
- Scale: Did I really need to know how much weight I gained after a week? Probably not.
- Seating area: Comfy and functional.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Luxury, but I was too lazy to use both.
- Shower: Good water pressure.
- Slippers: Nice touch.
- Smoke detector: Safety first!
- Socket near the bed: Genius.
- Sofa: Comfy for lounging.
- Soundproofing: Pretty effective. You could hear the honking of the local vehicles, but it wasn't constant.
- Telephone: In case you want to call room service to bring you 1 extra pillow.
- Toiletries: The usual range, but I did enjoy the hotel's brand of shampoo.
- Towels: Clean and plentiful.
- Umbrella: Essential for monsoon season, but it wasn’t the season.
- Visual alarm, Wake-up service: All the important stuff.
- Window that opens: Fresh air! I didn’t want, or need it, the AC was superb.
Room Specifics – The Vibe Check:
My room? Spacious, clean. The décor wasn't exactly cutting-edge, but it was pleasant enough. If I'm critiquing, it was a little “generic hotel room” and it could have done with some Bareilly personality. But it was comfortable. And, crucially, the air conditioning worked. That's the most important thing!
My Emotional Reaction: Mostly positive. I was happy. I was comfortable. I slept well. That’s all that mattered after a day of getting around Bareilly.
The Extras:
- Couple's room: Didn't try it, but it's an option.
- Room decorations: The hotel tried. It was a bit standard, but okay.
Eating, Drinking, and Avoiding the Tourist Trap (or at least, the bad ones!)
Dining, drinking, and snacking: This is where Escape to Paradise had a solid, or at least trying, game!
- A la carte in restaurant: Good selection and they were flexible with requests!
- Alternative meal arrangement: Very obliging.
- Asian breakfast: I didn't try this – I'm not a big eater in the morning.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: They did a decent job.
- Bar: A small but well-stocked bar.
- Bottle of water: Always appreciated.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Average buffet, with plenty of options.
- Breakfast service: Efficient and friendly staff.
- Buffet in restaurant: Good quality (but not mind-blowing).
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Free flowing.
- Coffee shop: The coffee shop was a nice little place, but a bit slow.
- Desserts in restaurant: They were good, but nothing I would go crazy for.
- Happy hour: I don't drink alcohol, so I didn't experience it.
- International cuisine in restaurant: Decent, but I didn't stray far from Indian food.
- Poolside bar: This was brilliant, especially at sunset. The views were terrific.
- Restaurants: They have several options.
- Room service [24-hour]: Super convenient.
- Salad in restaurant: It existed!
- Snack bar: Always a lifesaver when you're peckish later in the day.
- Soup in restaurant: I tried the soup once. I don't remember much about it.
- Vegetarian restaurant: There's a good place.
- Western breakfast: Good variety.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: There was a great variety, but I stuck to Indian choices.
My Moment of Bliss: The Poolside Bar
Okay, this is where Escape to Paradise really delivers. I spent a glorious afternoon at the Poolside bar. The view was breathtaking. The bartender was friendly and even helped me practice my Hindi. The snacks were surprisingly good. Honestly, sitting there, sipping my (non-alcoholic, because I don’t drink) drink, watching the sun set over Bareilly… that
Unbelievable Views & Luxury: Alpico Plaza Hotel Matsumoto Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-formatted travel itinerary. We're going to the East Lite Hotel in Bareilly, India. And trust me, it's going to be… an experience. Here's a ridiculously honest, slightly manic, and totally messy attempt at a schedule:
East Lite Hotel: Bareilly – A Hot Mess of a Journey (And I Love It)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Curry Challenge (with Bonus Jet Lag)
6:00 AM (ish) - The Calcutta Chaos: Okay, so the Calcutta Airport was… something. Picture a bustling bazaar meets a construction site. Got on the plane, thought I was going to be fine for the journey, but ended up with a crying baby on my shoulder and the guy next to me was clearly having a full-blown breakdown on the plane! I found my flight and got on the plane, almost missed it!
10:00 AM: finally landed at Bareilly. The air hit me like a warm, spiced hug. The airport? Let's just say it was… intimate. Got my bags, which thankfully weren’t lost (miracle!), and found a pre-booked taxi. The driver? He was a whirlwind of cheerful chaos, dodging cows and rickshaws with equal skill. I actually quite liked him.
11:30 AM: Arrived at the East Lite. The outside was… underwhelming. Beige. But the lobby! Ah, the lobby. It smelled of incense, dust, and the faint promise of adventure. Check-in was… a test of patience. Lots of forms, lots of smiles, lots of waiting. Finally, room key!
12:30 PM – The Room: Expectations vs. Reality: Okay, so the online photos made it look… well, a bit fancier. Think a slightly over-enthusiastic attempt at a budget hotel in India. But, you know what? It was clean (mostly), the AC worked (hallelujah!), and I had a view (sort of) of a busy street. Score!
1:00 PM – The Great Curry Challenge: Lunchtime! I'm at the hotel restaurant, and I ordered something called "Butter Chicken Paradise." It felt like I was eating the whole damn heaven! The butter was so rich, and the chicken melted on my tongue. It was a flavour explosion, and I was completely in love. Then the jet lag hit. Hard. I could barely keep my eyes from shutting.
2:30 PM – The Nap of Doom (and Bliss): I fell into bed. I told myself "just an hour" but I was asleep for three. When I woke up, I felt like a new person.
5:30 PM – A Stroll and a Surprise: Walking around the streets and going into a local market… it was intense, but utterly captivating. The smells! The sounds! The sheer vibrance of it all. I ended up buying a ridiculously bright scarf (it clashes with everything, but I love it). Then, I saw a lady selling sweets and bought some, and she gives me the sweetest smile. I had a wonderful evening, even though I had no plan.
8:00 PM – Dinner: Another Curry (because, duh). Went back to the hotel restaurant, this time for a milder curry. This time they made a mistake and brought me the hottest curry imaginable! My face turned red, I got the hiccups, I felt like I was going to die. It was a disaster! I had to ask for a yogurt to cool it down.
9:00 PM – Bedtime: Contemplating the Universe (and the Toilet Paper): Bed. Exhausted. Thinking about the day. Thinking about the bathroom, which has a… let's call it a “unique” design. Toilet paper supply is another concern. Hoping they have enough.
Day 2: Holy Cows and the Meltdown of My Expectations
7:00 AM – Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Chai: Breakfast! And it’s an experience too. I had more chai than I could handle. Luckily, there was also eggs and toast, a safe haven in a land of spice.
8:00 AM - The Holy Cow Tour: I decided that I have to see these cows, and I want to know what’s all the fuss about. Well, it was. Amazing. Walking the streets with all the street animals was… interesting. I was walking on the street and saw a cow having lunch and I looked into his eyes and he looked at me… it was so strange, yet so beautiful.
10:00 AM – Bargaining for My Soul (and a Souvenir): Shopping spree! The local market. I’m attempting to bargain the price of it so hard. I thought I was doing well, but I'm pretty sure I got ripped off anyway. But it’s fine. I’m happy, and the trinkets I bought were a reminder of the journey, and I was happy. The experience, the conversation. Oh, the language barrier was a fun addition.
1:00 PM – Lunch: Street Food Adventure (and the Near-Death Experience): Decided to be brave and try some street food. I’m feeling adventurous, but I’m not quite sure if I’m ready for it. The food was so good! The spices were intense, the flavours were new and exciting. And I might be paying for it later. So far, so good. (Fingers crossed).
3:00 PM – The Meltdown of My Expectations: Back at the hotel, feeling the after-effects of the street food (and maybe the excitement). I'm tired, sweaty, and starting to doubt everything. Why did I think this was a good idea? Why am I even here? The room looks awful again. I miss home. I want a pizza. I want a normal shower.
4:00 PM – Embrace the Mess: I will myself to go outside and breathe. I decide that this is an adventure, and there are good and bad parts. I sit in the lobby, feel my fears, drink a terrible coffee, and slowly regroup.
6:00 PM – Dinner: Re-thinking the Curry (and Ordering Something Safer): Okay, tonight I’m playing it safe. Butter Chiken, the mild version. No adventures. Just comfort food.
7:30 PM – Bedtime: Journaling and the Sound of the City: Back in the room, feeling calmer. Writing down my thoughts in my notebook. The sounds of Bareilly are still going… horns, conversations, laughter, everything. It’s a lullaby of chaos, and it’s… growing on me.
Day 3: Farewell (with a Side of Existential Dread)
7:00 AM – Final Chai and Breakfast: Last breakfast in the hotel. Feeling much more at peace, and surprisingly, eager for more adventure.
8:30 AM – The Last Stroll and a Final Surprise: Before leaving, I decided to go for one last walk in the market. I felt like I know what to expect for the first time. I went to that lady selling sweets again and bought more.
9:30 AM – Check-Out and a bittersweet goodbye: Leaving this hotel felt like saying goodbye to an old friend. Check-out goes smoothly, which is a minor miracle. The lobby staff smiles, and I can’t help but smile back.
10:00 AM – Departure: Taxi ride back to the airport. The city looks different now, somehow more familiar, and somehow even more beautiful. This trip was not perfect, but it was everything.
12:00 PM - The Calcutta Take-off and the Reflection: Finally, it's time to go home. So much to reflect now. Did I do it right? The hotel? The city? All of it. Maybe not. But I have to say, I loved it.
Post-script: I learned that travel is not a perfect thing, and that adventure never really is. I would absolutely return to the East Lite Hotel again, or at least, I would return!

Escape to Paradise: East Lite Hotel - FAQs for the Utterly Undecided
So, East Lite Hotel... Bareilly? Seriously? Is it even *worth* it?
The Rooms: Cozy or Cramped? (And Are They Actually Clean?)
Food? What's the deal? Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner... Is it edible?
What about the Staff? Are they friendly, or constantly trying to sell you things?
Location, Location, Location! Is it actually in the middle of nowhere?
So, the Verdict: Should I book it or run screaming?

