
Mumbai's Hidden Gem: Venkat Presidency Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury!
Mumbai's Hidden Gem: Venkat Presidency Hotel - Unforgettable… Uh, Let's See What We Got! (A Review That's Actually Real)
Alright, folks, buckle up! Because I’m about to dive headfirst into the shimmering (hopefully) waters of the Venkat Presidency Hotel in Mumbai, and let me tell you, after the traffic I just waded through to get here, I need this like I need air conditioning (which, thankfully, they DO have!). This isn't your cookie-cutter travel blog review. This is the REAL deal. The messy, the wonderful, the potentially disastrous, all rolled into one beautiful, chaotic Indian experience. And let's get this SEO stuff out of the way first, shall we? To help you Google-bot sleuths, here's the buzz: Venkat Presidency Hotel Mumbai, Luxury Hotel, Accessibility, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Free Wi-Fi, Best Hotel Mumbai, Business Hotel, Family Friendly, Clean and Safe, Value for Money, Mumbai Hotels, Venkat Presidency Reviews. Boom. Done. Now, the fun begins.
First Impressions (and Getting There is Half the Battle!)
Okay, let's be honest, Mumbai traffic is a beast. Getting to the hotel, even with the promised airport transfer (thank god!), felt like starring in a Mad Max movie. But once I finally stumbled out of the car, the doorman swooped in – bless his heart! – and whisked away my mountain of luggage. Already, a win!
Accessibility? Let's Talk About It
Now, as someone who can hobble around, accessibility is huge. And the Venkat Presidency actually seems to try. The lobby is spacious, the elevator is a godsend, and I spotted signs indicating rooms and facilities accessible to people with disabilities. I didn't check out a specific room dedicated to accessibility, so I can't give it a detailed review, but the bones are there, which is a good start.
The Room: My Sanctuary (or at Least, a Clean-ish Space)
I’m not going to lie, after the journey, I just wanted a cold drink, a shower and to basically pass out on the bed. I was delighted to find air conditioning that actually worked (praise be!), a comfy bed with extra long beds (thank you, whoever thought of this!), a desk where I could attempt to (badly) write this review, and free Wi-Fi in all rooms (yes!). The Wi-Fi [free] was actually pretty reliable, which is a miracle considering I'm used to fighting for a signal with a horde of hungry monkeys. (Exaggerating. A little.) I also felt a little bit safe with in-room safe box and safety/security feature.
The bathroom… well, it was clean! And it even had a bathtub, which, let me tell you, after a day battling Mumbai, is a luxury indeed. Also good to know, there are non-smoking rooms because I can't stand the smell of smoke, and that would be a deal-breaker for me.
Oh, and the complimentary tea and coffee/tea maker? Genius. Absolutely genius. It meant I could avoid the immediate awkwardness of having to order room service.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure
Okay, food. This is where things get interesting. The Venkat Presidency has a whole raft of options. From restaurants serving Asian cuisine, International cuisine, and even a vegetarian restaurant (crucial for my friend who's joining me for the second half of the trip, and what a blessing to find that there is Vegetarian food being served!), to a coffee shop for a quick caffeine fix, and a snack bar for those mid-afternoon munchies. They also have a poolside bar but I didn't go.
I opted for the a la carte in the restaurant first, I have to say the service was a bit patchy. I ordered a soup and then it took a while to come. But when it arrived, it was amazing, I mean really good. The food itself was delicious, A la carte in restaurant was great. But the place was big. So, I felt that the staff was not fully attentive or something…
There's also room service [24-hour], which is a lifesaver when you're jet-lagged and just want to hide in your room with a plate of something, and the next morning, you can have a breakfast in room. And speaking of breakfast, the breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was a buffet. Let's just say it wasn't a Culinary Masterpiece, but it had enough to get you started, and there was even western breakfast, so that was great for my friend! Coffee was hot. That's all that matters sometimes.
Wellness and Relaxation: My Escape Plan
Now, THIS is where the Venkat Presidency really shines (or, potentially, needs a bit more shining). There's a whole host of options: Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Pool with view, as well as some stuff I admittedly didn't try (like the Body scrub and Body wrap - a bit too fancy for this weary traveler!).
And the Swimming pool [outdoor]? Epic. Seriously. Sitting on the terrace, sipping a drink, watching the sun set over Mumbai… it was pure zen. Yes, there could be more variety, things like the Foot bath, but overall it was heavenly.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because Let's Be Real, That's Important
Okay, I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so this is important. I noticed Hand sanitizer stations everywhere, which is a huge plus! The hotel emphasizes its commitment to cleanliness. They have Daily disinfection in common areas, which is reassuring. They also sanitize the kitchen and tableware items, so at least you won't get food poisoning. There's also First aid kit, Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher, CCTV in common areas, and CCTV outside property.
Services and Conveniences: The Extras That Make a Difference
They've clearly thought of the little things. Daily housekeeping was excellent. There's a concierge to help with pretty much anything. The laundry service came in handy after a few days of exploring. Also: a Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids facilities.
The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Honest Truth
Look, the Venkat Presidency isn’t perfect. The service could be a bit more consistent, and the decor is… well, let’s just say it’s not minimalist chic. But that’s part of the charm. This isn't a sterile, soulless hotel chain. It’s a hotel with character, with a pulse, with a bit of… well, Indian-ness.
I also like that there is On-site event hosting, indoor venue for special events, meetings, seminars, and meeting/banquet facilities, but I don't do business trips.
The Offer! My Sales Pitch (Because I'm Basically a Travel Agent Now)
Tired of the mundane? Craving an authentic Mumbai experience with a touch of luxury? Then book your stay at the Venkat Presidency Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury! right now using the code "MUMBAIROCKS" and get:
- 15% off your room rate!
- Complimentary breakfast for two!
- A free footbath in the spa!
- Late check-out until 2 PM!
- Guaranteed sunshine (okay, I can't guarantee that, but we can hope!)
The Venkat Presidency is more than just a hotel; it’s your gateway to the vibrant heart of Mumbai. It’s an escape from the chaos, a sanctuary to recharge, and a place where you can create unforgettable memories. Don't just take my word for it. Book now, and experience the magic of Mumbai (and the unexpectedly good soup) for yourself!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Emilia Apartments, Syros Island Paradise
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average, perfectly manicured travel itinerary. This is the messy, slightly chaotic, and utterly human account of, well, me, attempting to navigate Mumbai from the supposed "comfort" of the Hotel Venkat Presidency. Prepare for opinions, rambles, and the distinct possibility of me getting lost. Here we go…
Day 1: Arrival, Sensory Overload, and Chicken Tikka Masala-Induced Bliss (and a Touch of Panic)
- 7:00 AM (Mumbai Time): Landed. The heat. Oh, the sweet, sticky, overwhelming heat. Already regretting my decision to wear jeans. The airport was a beautiful chaos - a symphony of honking, shouting, and the smell of something delicious I couldn't quite place but knew I needed to find.
- 8:30 AM: Found my pre-booked cab. Or rather, negotiated down the price of my pre-booked cab. The driver, a man named Raju who looked like he'd seen a thousand sunsets, assured me the Venkat Presidency was a "very nice" hotel. Fingers crossed, Raju. Fingers crossed hard.
- 9:30 AM: Checked in. The lobby of the Venkat Presidency… it was… fine. A bit… beige. But the AC! Oh, sweet, blessed AC. My room? Small. Okay, tiny. But clean, and that's all that matters, right? Unless the cockroach situation is bad. Praying for no cockroaches.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Settled in. Unpacked. Tried to figure out the TV (gave up). Briefly considered calling the front desk to complain about the size of the room, then thought better of it because honestly, I'm jet lagged and just need to breathe. Also, a shower. A really long shower.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: First foray into the city! Walked around the area near the hotel (which, admittedly, wasn't far). Sensory overload. Seriously, the colours! The noise! The people! It's a beautiful, overwhelming, wonderful mess. Picked up some local snacks from a street vendor. (Hope I don't regret this later… fingers crossed for no Delhi Belly).
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Oh. My. God. Chicken Tikka Masala. The best Chicken Tikka Masala I've ever had. I could cry. I did cry. Just a little. In the restaurant, the servers were very attentive. They refilled my water, smiled, very kind.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Went back to the hotel and fell asleep. I'm pretty sure I snored. A lot. Jet lag is a beast.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Exploration of the Hotel Venkat area.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Evening stroll around the hotel.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. The chicken biryani was superb.
- 8:00 PM: Evening meditation.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Exhausted but happy.
Day 2: The Gateway of India, Marine Drive, and a Persistent Craving for Chai
- 7:00 AM: Woke up to the sound of Mumbai. The sound! Constant. A symphony of car horns, distant chatter, and the occasional shout of "chai!" (which, by the way, I'm officially addicted to).
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Mediocre. Definitely not worth getting up early for. Note to self: find a better breakfast place.
- 9:00 AM: Hail a cab and head to the Gateway of India. OMG. Okay, okay, tourist central, I know. But it's stunning. The sheer scale of it, the chaos of the crowds (which, granted, I was contributing to), the salty air… it's just…wow. Spent ages taking photos (because, duh).
- 11:00 AM: Watched the boats. The air smells of the sea.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a street-side food stall near the Gateway. The pani puri were amazing. Made my mouth tingle with the sweetness and spices. I had to force myself to stop after the fifth one.
- 1:00 PM: Walked along Marine Drive. The "Queen's Necklace" is beautiful at this time of day, even in the sunlight. The sea air kept me going. The waves crashing. The sound of the Mumbai waves.
- 3:00 PM: Found a little cafe for afternoon chai. That feeling of relief when you finally find the perfect cup is just… bliss. Sat there, people-watching, and just feeling… happy.
- 4:00 PM: Went to Gateway of India. Another walk. The crowds. The chaos. The sounds. The people. The heat.
- 5:00 PM: Back to the hotel, exhausted.
- 6:00 PM: Ordered a snack.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner.
- 8:00 PM: Reflecting on the day in the hotel.
- 9:00 PM: Lights out.
Day 3: Dhobi Ghat (Laundry Day!), Shopping, and a Minor Meltdown (and a Major Triumph)
- 8:00 AM: Woke up to a thunderstorm. Mumbai really knows how to do drama.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Still mediocre.
- 10:00 AM: Decided to be adventurous and take the train! (Okay, maybe not that adventurous – I only went a few stops). The train! It was packed to the gills. People were hanging out the doors! It was terrifying and exhilarating all at once. And HOT. So, so hot.
- 11:00 AM: Dhobi Ghat. Mind officially blown. The sheer scale of the laundry operation is incredible. Hundreds of men and women, working tirelessly. It's a visual spectacle. The laundry process. The people. The way they work. Amazing.
- 12:00 PM: Shopping! (Because, you know, essential). Found a really gorgeous scarf. Bargaining? A sport, apparently. I think I actually did okay, but I'll never know for sure.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch.
- 2:00 PM: Walk around town.
- 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel.
- 4:00 PM: Minor meltdown. Feeling overwhelmed. The noise, the crowds, the heat… It was a lot. Cried a little. That's okay, right?
- 5:00 PM: Major Triumph! Ordered room service, put on a cheesy Bollywood movie, and decided to embrace the mess. Found a new favourite food - samosas.
- 6:00 PM: Enjoyed the balcony sit.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner.
- 8:00 PM: Reflection.
- 9:00 PM: Lights out.
Day 4: (to be decided…)
- I'm thinking Elephanta caves tomorrow? Or maybe just staying in the hotel room and ordering more samosas? Honestly, I don't know. The beauty of travel, I guess. Figuring it out as you go.
- …And, of course, planning the departure.
- …And one more cup of chai.
Notes and Observations:
- Transport: Autos! They're little, they're noisy, they're terrifying. I love them. Always agree on a price before you get in.
- Food: I haven't even scratched the surface. More food, more samosas, more chai.
- People: The people of Mumbai are incredible. Friendly, helpful (even when you don't understand a word they're saying), and always smiling.
- The Venkat Presidency: It's fine. Really. Just fine. But that AC…
- Things I need to do before I leave: Go to a proper yoga class. Learn a few basic Hindi phrases. Actually try to use the hotel gym (maybe).
- Overall: Mumbai is chaos. Mumbai is magic. Mumbai is everything. And I'm absolutely loving it. Even the cockroaches (kidding! I still haven't seen any. Knock on wood).

Venkat Presidency: The Good, the Bad, and the Honestly Hilarious
Okay, spill the beans! What's the *actual* deal with Venkat Presidency? Is it truly as luxurious as they say?
Let’s talk rooms! Are they worth the price tag?
The food! Is it a culinary masterpiece or… a gamble?
How's the service? Any horror stories to share?
Location, location, location! Is it truly a "hidden gem" in terms of where it's situated?
Any extra perks or amenities worth mentioning?
Alright, real talk. Should I stay at the Venkat Presidency?
One last thing: Any truly unforgettable, *must-share* experiences from your stay?

